Saturday, January 2, 2010

Marvois

So, the last post was embarrassingly middle-school diary. But since this is mostly just for you (Lauren), I'm leaving it.

Last night, I put some food out for Marvin when I got home and he wouldn't eat it; he just drank lots and lots and lots of water. And I thought, hm. Well, that's weird. This morning, I could see a bunch of crap littering the yard, and I went out and saw that he had pulled all the food he could find - dog food, (chocolate!) cookies, sesame seeds - out of the house and eaten it and scattered the remains. He is still lying on the couch, somewhat reminiscent of a year ago, when he ate my birthday cake. On that occasion, L had baked me a berry cake, a huge one, and we had eaten about 2/3 of it at my party. Then we left for breakfast the next day, and on returning, found Marvin lying on the couch, belly distended, completely paralyzed. On the table, there was the cake: Marvin had eaten almost all of it, but what he hadn't eaten, he'd licked the frosting off of; one small square still had frosting, and in the middle of that square was Marvin's paw print.

Oh, dogs.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ah, Marvin! I remember it like it was yesterday. In my late night (can I say that at 10:30 pm?) boredom here in Yaounde (where I would definitely have been asleep for several hours already at post, for lack of electricity or for exhaustion or boredom), I have been checking to see if I can find the end of the internet. I believe I found it, in Marvin's belly.